Welcome to the Angel Comedy Trust
Angel Comedy Trust was founded by Angel Comedy Club in March 2018 to:
- Use comedy to enrich and strengthen our community and the lives of individuals.
- Run comedy courses improving literacy, confidence building and self expression.
- Improve accessibility and inclusivity for all to the arts.
- Support new and emerging artists.
To hear news about our work, please register for our mailing list
The Trust was launched in March 2018 and has three Trustees. We are in the process of developing a strategy and business plan, which will be published here later this year.
Mike Kenward is the Chair of Trustees at Angel Comedy Trust. Mike is Development Director at GamCare, a charity for the prevention and treatment of problem gambling, and a some-time-ago comedy performer.
Dec Munro (@decmunro)
Dec Munro is a comedy director and producer. He is one of the co-founders of the Bill Murray.
Louise Inman (@inman_louise)
Louise Inman is Director of Inman Douglas Consulting- a company that provides research and consultancy on behalf of public, private and third sector clients in health and social care. She is also boss at Nerd Nite London.
Latest Angel Comedy Trust NewsStrategy Day
On June 9th the Trust is holding a strategy day, with the aim of bringing together everyone who is interested in supporting the Trust to begin developing a business plan, and an action plan of how to operate in year one.
Questions that we feel are important to the development of the charities and community groups to:
- use comedy to enrich and strengthen our community and the lives of individuals.
- run comedy courses improving literacy, confidence building and self expression.
- improve accessibility and inclusivity for all to the arts.
- support new and emerging artists.
If you’d like to get involved, we’d love to hear from you. We’re especially looking for people with the following skills:
- Projects / programme management
- Partnership / Relationship management
- Social media / comms
- Finance / Accounting
- Governance / safeguarding
If you don’t have any of this experience, but you’ve got enthusiasm for the Trusts objectives, you’ll be equally welcome.